February 13, 2010

Travels booked, I'm heading home!!!

Finally, all my travels plans have been set! YAY! I am soooo excited however extremely sad at the same time. How am I going to say goodbye to Thailand? The sheer thought of it makes me ill. As for my travels...first up HONG KONG for 5 days by myself. Then I meet up a travel group of 8 people and we set forth into CHINA for 3 weeks. We end in BEIJING where I will stay an extra day or two. Then I will be heading to SOUTH KOREA via ferryboat. I will be in SEOUL for 4 days before boarding a plane to PORTLAND, OREGON, USA where I will meet up with my dear friend Jenn for 5 days. Then, finally, its Heidi's long awaited arrival back to CHICAGO. May 3rd people May 3rd!

This last year and half of my life has been nothing short of amazing. The experiences here have been very rewarding in so many ways. I have seen and done some unbelievable things. I have also learned alot....most importantly about myself. I truly wonder how I am going to say goodbye to Thailand, a place where I found what I was looking for...pure, undeniable, all-consuming and fulfilling happiness...I may just weep like a baby. But, let's not cry yet...I still have another 6 weeks to enjoy. And bonus, I still have 4 visitors making their way over to the Land of Smiles...starting with Suzanne who will be here in less than 2 weeks!!!

I do question what things will be like at home. It will definitely be different, I am different. Moving back in with my mom and into my childhood room is going to be interesting and trying to find a job that I adore may be troublesome, but I know its out there! And there are sooo many things I am looking forward to....numeral uno...meeting my new nieces/nephews! First baby (Adrianne and Matt's) is arriving in 4 weeks! Mid-march!!! Baby two (Sean and Megan's) end of March/beginning of April!!! YAHOOOOO! Can't wait to meet the munchkins when I get home in May!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am nervous for you too honey! I know how happy and at peace you have been in Thailand and I want the USA to feel just as good when you get back. I hope we (family & friends) do not disappoint you and that everyone keeps in mind that you HAVE changed and we need to respect those changes, whatever they may be. I am so, so happy for what Thailand has given you. I know it will be bittersweet for you, but I will be happy to have you home. Enjoy the rest of your time. I can't wait to catch up with updated photos and stories over coffee and pancakes when you get here! LOVE YOU GIRL!!! xoxo