August 25, 2009

One year Smoke Free!

How exciting is today? 365 days ago I finally gave up the destructive, deadly habit that was SMOKING! However, it feels like only yesterday I would get up...go walk Allie and have my first cigarette of the day. And that one cigarette would lead to several more throughout the day...and don't even get me started about the weekends and nights out...oye! Now I don't ever, ever think about smoking....ha ha what a joke! I think about it alot...but I haven't messed up once. YAY ME!

Statistics tell us that only 7% of those who quit are still smoke free at the end of their first year (about.com). Help me celebrate this awesome milestone! GOOOOO ME!!!

And if YOU want to quit check out this website:
http://quitsmoking.about.com/od/preparetoquit/u/quitting.htm

If that website doesn't interest you...learn how to quit smoking from my students...they had to write a 'how to' paragraph using sequence adverbs...(typed exactly as they wrote it).

First, you have to reduce quantity of cigarettes. Second, you have to think about your parents because they care about you very much. Then, try to do other activities like sports, reading books, etc. Next, removing all of your tobacco in your house. Then, don't stay with friends who are smokers. After that, forgetting that you've ever smoked. Then, use lemon juice because it can make you don't want to smoke. After that, trying to think that smoking can destroy your health, the environment, and people around you. Next, do not buy any tobacco again. Finally, keep living your life without smoking!

4 comments:

JS&A said...

I am sooo proud of you! Actually i forwared this to my brother and mom they are quitting September 1st.

Mom said...

I am very proud of you and all the wonderful things you have done this year. YEAH HEIDI

Theresa said...

"Then, don't stay with friends who are smokers." ???? Rather, you are leading by example! I'm so proud of you!

Chicago Girl does good said...

I am sooooooo proud of you. GO YOU!!!