December 21, 2009

Christmas classes!

This week I am only having two days of classes (YIPPIE!) so last week I told my students to prepare presentations about Christmas. I gave them A-LOT of flexibility on the presentations and pretty much told them they can do whatever they wanted as long as they 1. Spoke English and 2. It was Christmas related. WOW. My students rock! One group taught us how to make Christmas trees- which I later wore as earrings...haha. I swear my students probably think I am a nut case.

Some students sang Christmas songs, some talked about the history of Christmas, we also played some games...we played Christmas bingo, a Christmas picture memory game, and a Christmas trivia game...Can you name all 9 reindeers??? **Answer will be at the bottom of this post** One group of girls even got to class a half hour early (kicked me out as I was prepping for the next class) and locked the door...they hid 25 red pieces of paper around the classroom and each paper had a gift associated to it. The more papers you found the more gifts you received...AWESOME! How thoughtful.
And then one kid, Tae, went up to the front of the class and read a little speech. "I have this chocolate as a representative of a Christmas gift to the teacher. The reason I choose chocolate is because it represents the love and care from me to the person I give. It might not be anything very special or expensive but I am very sincere. Finally, I think Christmas presents do not matter about the price, but it matters about how sincere you are." Awe. What a nice kid. MMMM I love chocolate.
Also worth a mention is that there are several Christmas trees around campus and I took a picture of my favorite (now I am defiantly not a white Christmas tree person but this year apparently I am). One of the reasons it may be my favorite is because I added a personal Chicago touch to the tree...Can you see it?


Ha Ha yup its a Chicago Cubs Christmas Ornament!

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

**The 9 reindeers are: dasher, dancer, prancer, vixen, comet, cupid, donner, blitzen, and rudolf**

1 comment:

Mom said...

Love the ornament. You have a little bit home with you.