December 31, 2009

What a fabulous year it has been!

Today I have been reflecting on all that I have done this past year...what a memorable year it has been for me. I may even say that 2009 has been my best yet. A few of the memorable moments include...Scuba Diving off Koh Phi Phi, snorkeling around the most beautiful islands I have ever seen (Similian islands), Emmett and Liz coming to Thailand, traveling southeast Asia-especially Angkor Wat in Cambodia, climbing Mount Batur for the sunrise in Bali, Indonesia, and the Cameron Highlands in Malaysia, rock-climbing in Krabi, seeing the Buddhist Monk walk down my street every morning doing his daily alms, Theresa in Thailand, Erawan waterfalls, being at Pra Nui's monk ceremony where I was told 'my heart is open', camping, rafting, and planting trees in Khao Yai National Park, a wonderful and perfect visit home, Koh Tao and Koh Naang Yuan, and most of all teaching kiddos English.
Not only do I feel I have grown so much as a person this year, I am in a different mind frame than before. I have found true happiness and joy in the little things and feel so lucky to be where I am at. I have also found that I smile constantly and appreciate those little things in life. I am in such a happy place and moving here was the best decision I have ever made. I am certainly not done growing and there are many things I wish to accomplish this upcoming year...such as 1. Climb a part of the great wall of China (oh yeah this is happening in April...who's with me??) 2. Get a school counseling job (oye resumes, applications, interviews...dear lord help me) 3. Complete a triathlon (looking at doing Chicago's tri in Aug.) and 4. Remain positive (its all a state of mind). I look forward to what the year 2010 brings for me...I hope its filled with lots of adventure, love, smiles and travel.

Sawdee Bee Mai!

4 comments:

JS&A said...

Amen!!!!

mom said...

What a great year you have had.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Peru said...

Just dropped by the blog. Nice to know that you are so happy being in a happy place :) Congrats on your accomplishments in 2009 and have a wonderful year ahead in 2010.