December 17, 2008

The Grand Palace & Wat Phra Kaeo

My momma has safely arrived!! Yahoo!!!

On Monday, my mom, her friend Kumi and I headed to the Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaeo in Bangkok. The Grand Palace was gorgeous..so detailed and intrinsic. The Grand Palace was kings official residence from 1782-1946.

Wat Phra Kaeo is considered the holiest temple in Thailand as it is the Temple of the Emerald Buddha. The legend behind the Emerald Buddha is quite interesting...it is actually made out of green jade and not Emerald as the name suggests. It was for many many years just a simple stucco image in a temple in Chiang Rai until one day lightening struck part of the temple revealing the beautitful green image. Patrons visiting Wat Phra Kaeo are not allowed to take pictures inside the Temple, however there is a door open to allow patrons to take photos from outside (hence the pic being abit blurry).

After our day adventure my mom and I headed for massages. One hour long foot massages for less than $10 -absolute heaven, I must admit.
On Tuesday, I had to teach but was able to meet my mom up for dinner in Chinatown. Yum. And today (Wednesday) she was doing her own thing as I had to administer midterm exams...and tomorrow I have more midterm exams but then in the late afternoon we are headed to the airport for a quick weekend trip north to Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai. YAY!

2 comments:

Chicago Girl does good said...

Love your warrior pose…:)

Anonymous said...

Glad your mom made it there ok. I hope you have a great time while she is there. Although, it really seems like you're having a great time in general, which is awesome!

I love your skirt!

XOXO