January 13, 2009

Are you serious?

I have been here for three months, right? Yes. And now...NOW you want to tell me that YOU f*cked up my VISA. ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Ha. Yes. OOOOH and it expires next week....ooooooh shit. So apparently all 15 of us teachers were only given 3 month visa's instead of a one year visa? How is that possible? All of us went at different times and to different Thai Consulates in the States...ooooh they don't offer one year visa's oooooh...you liar! Now what? Pay again..WHAT? PAY AGAIN???? I paid $175 for my multiple entry visa and it is now invalid. A waste of money. Are you serious?
Anyways, end result is that today me, several of the other teachers, and a human resources representative spent our entire morning and better part of the afternoon at immigration dealing with this mess. So I had to fork over more money than I would like to even mention. I was Fuming. Mad. Annoyed. Upset. Aggravated. Pissed off. Infuriated. Whatever...there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. Its fixed and done, hopefully there will be no more surprises.

New subject please!

Last week I started teaching the Conversational English course for seniors (you remember the one I was soooo not happy about having to teach). Still not happy about it, shocking! At any rate, it is a six week intensive English course focused on helping students pass their proficieny test. Mind you, all my students have already failed this test once before. So in essence I am cramming a whole lot of English down their throats. Now do you think since all these kids failed once they have any motivation to be there now? NOOOOOO. I swear its like beating a dead horse. TALK PEOPLE TALK!!!

What am I doing here?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that blows! At least you got the whole visa mess sorted out?! Just think, you could be dealing with 6 inches of snow and frigid temperatures. I'm sure things will look up eventually! :)

Anonymous said...

Just deal with things a day at a time and the six week will go by in no time.

Chicago Girl does good said...

Thing will get better, cheer up.

Anonymous said...

Oh Heidi - I don't mean to chuckle but you make me laugh! I mean, sometimes, you just have to laugh! First, I picture you with immigration. Then, I picture you in a classroom with a bunch of teenagers who don't speak English. Sorry, but your blog made me laugh out loud. Are you on Candid Camera?? I feel for your honey, I really do. Hang in there!

Eileen said...

So get a balloon or soft ball of some type. Put students in circle and toss the ball. When they get it they must speak. You can determine how much, before they throw the ball to someone else. Everyone must touch the ball at least once before people start doubles. And you can put a time limit on how long the ball can be in your hands. That might pick up the conversation.