July 1, 2009

A good place...

I am in a good place in my life. Thailand has been good to me. I enjoy the fact that I walk down the street and see something so simple and insignificant and it makes me smile. This makes me so happy.

However, I do have my homesick days. For instance, the other day I was having a serious missing home day! All I really wanted was time with my nieces....I wanted to make silly faces with Mary Clare, I wanted little miss Nora to tackle me like Urlacher, and as for Emerson all I wanted was to pinch her little chubby cheeks. And well once I started thinking of the munchkins and home... I started thinking about how much I really really wanted a turkey sandwich...a beer at a Cubs game...a Euchre night...a night dancing with my girls...a Carols adventure...a homemade dinner cooked by ME...a walk with my dog...and the 4th of July fireworks (MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY).

Last year I remember biking it to the Lakefront along with the million of other fools just to watch the fireworks...I swear I act my shoe size when fireworks are going off. I am going to miss that this year. At any rate, HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY! Be safe and enjoy the holiday!

2 comments:

MOM said...

Nice to hear that you are in "a good place". Few more months and you will be here to do all the things you miss.

Eileen said...

You are in Asia, the home of fireworks. I would think you could find some any day of the week. Look harder so you can act your shoe size for a little while. And, October is not that far away!!!
Allie is a suburbanite for a week. Does she like fireworks?