July 4, 2009

Burger and beers!

Fourth of July in Bangkok?!? Hey its just another day here...that was until I walked into the American School of Bangkok...and Wooosh, yup, I feel like I am back home! WOW. I have not seen so many farang (Thai for "foreigners") since I left the USA. And hello red white and blue! I tagged along with the Loyola Marymount teachers/students as I was the only Depaul teacher who went to the picnic. So I bought my coupon book of food/beer tickets and immediately headed for the beer stand...American beer please...hello MGD oooh how I have missed thee...I'll take 3. hahaha. I ordered a burger and sat down with my all American meal...beer and Burger for the fourth of July...can it get any better than this? Now only if there were fireworks I would have been happier than a pig in mud!!!

And the kick ass band that played lots of oldies but goodies!! Including one of my all time favs...Mustang Sally! Where are my maracas????

3 comments:

Eileen said...

Just got in from yard work, and that burger and beer sure look good. Michael is in the kitchen working on ribs....our treat to ourselves after such a long day outside working....and we are also treating ourselves to mojitos. MMMMMMM

Mom said...

Thank you for the text on the
4th. Looks like you had a nice
4th. From the pictures it looks like any other 4th celebration in the U.S.

Linda Flaherty said...

Hi Heidi! Glad to know you got a "taste" of home for July 4th. You are missed here as well and we'll have a few MGD's when you are back (did I say a few?-LOTS). Enjoy the last months in such an incredible place. Once you are home, it'll seem like a dream.

Sending a big hug and kiss.

With love,
Linda and Hayley