July 16, 2009

Smiling

Today I was on my way to work and noticed that I was smiling....smiling yet again. I had no reason for this smile planted on my face, it was just there. And I believe that when you are a happy teacher your students are happy...and that is just what happened. I had an amazing class. I played a really fun game with them. Now yes it may have been a drinking game but shhhhh I neglected to tell them that. Now instead of drinking when they messed up I had them tell a story. After explaining the directions only a few times they got the hang of it. And we had an entire hour full of laughter. After the game, I was wishing them all good luck on their midterms and that I will see them in two weeks. And almost in unison the class waiied me. Remember that waiing is a sign of respect. It was a very touching moment for me. And I still have this smile on my face!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Love to hear you are smiling. It makes me very happy and puts a smile on my face.

Love you

leandra said...

I love smiling for no reason. It reflects a state of gratitude that I'm now seeking to constantly remain in.

You seem to have found your stride--you're happy, they're happy, everyone's happy. Congratulations on getting to that point. :)