October 9, 2009

Home

Can you believe its been a year? I flew back to Chicago on October 1st and surprised my family....they all thought I was coming home on Oct. 7th. And over the course of 4 days I got to surprise my entire family. Every single one of them shocked to see me standing at their front door. My mom was speechless, my sister tearful, my brother baffled, my aunt surprised, my dad overrjoyed and my little sister screamed!
Not only did I get to surprise my family but I surprised some friends. One in particular was my dear friend Sandra. I knew she was running a race on Sunday morning and I made a "way to go"/"surprise" poster for her and when she crossed the finish line I was there holding the poster. She saw the poster and her eyes bugged out of her head shocked that I was standing there. She hugged me and was elated. I was so happy to be there with her. It was priceless.
I am home for another 2 weeks and trying to see everyone. I will make time for everyone. So if you want to see me...you know how to get in touch!

2 comments:

Chicago Girl does good said...

****Welcome Back***

Linda Flaherty said...

Will you be at the corner bar this Friday or Saturday? E-mail me at linda422@comcast.net to let me know. I'd love to toast you!

XO
Linda