November 19, 2008

drama drama drama

Unnecessary drama if you ask me...I have failed to mention some of the bs that has been going on over here (here meaning the university I am at). I had orginally planned on not saying anything as I wanted you to all believe I am living this grand life where its all sunny days and glorious. But I want this blog to be an accurate account of my year here. Let me assure you the drama has subsided and things are starting to get back to normal. Now what is this drama I speak of???????
Housing and 2 hour conversational courses!
I know petty little shit, right! WRONG! We live in the sticks, timbuktu, outskirts of any point of civilization...we have been fighting to move to the city campus since before we got here and its just gotten worse when we saw how far removed from society we are...before we came we were told we would be able to move 2nd semester but we have since found out how big of a fabrication that was...and now we are being told repeatedly that its not going to happen.
Then Monday ...poof... now 8 of us (oh but there are 15 of us) can move only if we teach this additional course. Some people are okay with it ... others like myself are not. I am not going to teach this 2 hour conversational class that is not part of my contract. Oh yah and it meets 6pm to 8pm, 5 days a week. UGH.
So I plan on making my voice heard but before I can....a meeting is called and now all of a sudden ALL of us HAVE to teach this conversational class. WHAT? YEAH! WHAT? YEAH!
Okay so I have been stressed with my two levels of lesson planning (thankfully I have a team of teachers here to bounce ideas off of and get ideas from and an amazing mom who continously sends me website resources) but now I get to throw a whole new lesson planning in the mix. ARGH! I am just not going to think about it right now. No, not right now.
It will be okay I have calmed down considerably. Today I went and worked out twice (once in the morning and once in the evening) to help bring my stress level down and really what else is there to do here???? I just need to remain positive and absorb all this...for christs sake I am in Thailand! I am living in Thailand! Yeah that's the spirit...and right now all I am thinking about is our weekend get-away trip to Koh Samet Island. I plan on forgetting all about this so called drama. Drama? What drama? Once again the infamous thai phrase comes so in handy here...Mai Pen Rai (no worries).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. You can do anything you ran the Marathon

Unknown said...

Oh Boo, it will be okay...you have been through worse times...Dont worry be happy do do do dodo...

Chicago Girl does good said...

Oh that’s total B.S. I’m sorry that really sucks.

Eileen said...

Soooo, if you all have to teach it then you must all be moving? NO???

Anonymous said...

And I thought Americans were sneaky! Those conspiring Thailanders! Seriously, nothing like being thrown for a loop. I'm sorry! There's obviously nothing you can do to change it, so just...breathe? You'll figure it out, you always do. You're creative and smart and savvy.

Have a good weekend lovey. Save the drama for your mama. xoxo