November 11, 2008

My Top Ten Lists

My Top 10 list of things I wish I would have thought of or done BEFORE heading to Thailand!
10. Learn the basics of the Thai language.
9. Bought a pocket Thai/English dictionary.
8. Diversified my packing wardrobe.
7. Bought Keen Waterfront shoes.
6. Bought a better camera.
5. Researched where in the world is Bang Na Thailand.
4. Tutored ESL adults.
3. Map Quest & Google Map the heck out of Bangkok. Nothing worse than being lost in a city where no one speaks the English language and you have no idea how to get back to where you need to be.
2. Lost 20 pounds because all I am eating here is rice and noodles and inevitably going to gain 50 pounds!
1. Done research on ESL games and activities to help ease my now constant frustration of lesson planning!

My Top 10 things I have learned SINCE being in Thailand!
10. I live 45 minutes outside of Bangkok :(
9. Don’t drink the water.
8. Only get into taxi’s where the driver will start the meter.
7. The beach is not that far away.
6. I really don’t like seafood.
5. There is no rhyme or reason to half the stuff that is done here. Some things are done so ass backwards. I quit trying to figure it out.
4. If you ask 3 different Thai people the exact same question (directions for example) you will get three very different answers.
3. Everything is “Mai Pen Rai” <--- no big deal, never mind, no worries.
2. Skype is my best friend.
1. Carry toilet paper and hand sanitizer with you EVERYWHERE!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sound like you are learning at lot as well as teaching.

Unknown said...

Do you want me to send you anything?

Anonymous said...

i second what paige asked...

Anonymous said...

What are you missing from your wardrobe?

Unknown said...

hey big sis!!!!! im soooooooo proud of u 4 tryin so much sea food! im gunna send u stuff ASAP!wat do u want?!?!?!?!? email me! im gunna try and download skype soon too! miss u soooooooo much!
luv always,
jana