March 22, 2009

Em and Liz


Having Emmett and Liz visit me in Thailand was amazing. We had some really good times together. We did so much in a very short amount of time. We got massages, met up with Emmett's friend Celeste, shopped at the worlds largest outdoor market, we took an overnight bus to Trat and took a ferry to Ko Chang island. We went elephant trekking (and bathed the elephants), snorkeled, and drank buckets. We celebrated St. Paddy's day -drinking buckets -no beer for me- I gave it up for Lent. Back in Bangkok we went to the Grand Palace and Wat Pho. Liz and I went to the movies. We went to see ruins in Ayutthaya (the ancient capital). We went to the clubs and danced the night away. We did more shopping and sightseeing. We did a lot. Together we packed -them for home and me for my five weeks of traveling. We took a taxi together to the airport at 4am and said our goodbyes. The week went by too fast. I am so grateful they had the opportunity to come here (thanks Auntie Eileen and Uncle Michael). I hope they enjoyed the experience.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

We are glad we were able to give them this opportunity, and that you were willing to take them around. Looking forward to your next post and hearing about your travel adventures.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you did so much in such a little time and you are all smiling.