March 11, 2009

Tree Top Adventure

After finals I took a quick trip east to Ko Chang island. AAAAH gorgeous! I had been there once before back in early December. I decided to travel solo for a change however I was going to meet up with my friend Josh from the HSC program (DePaul grad program we both just graduated from). And on the bus I met Walter (from South Africa) and Sveuja (from Germany) and together we headed straight to the beach for some late afternoon sun. When the time came we saw a beautiful sunset.
The next day we spent the day at the beach doing absolutely nothing. In the evening, we met up with Josh, Mango, and Naa and had a blast drinking buckets and dancing like fools...okay maybe that was just me. Then the next day, I headed for Tree Top Adventures while everyone else went snorkeling. Tree top adventures is a ropes/zip line/swinging from the trees course. It was 3 hours of sweaty fun. I completed the two courses with only one fall (thankfully I was harnessed in and only fell about 5 feet and not the 25 feet down to the ground). I had soooo much fun. One thing I learned about myself while acting a fool was that I have no upper body strength. I need to work on that. My arms are still sore 3 days later.

The rest of my time there I spent on the beach just chillin. AH! Up next EMMETT AND LIZ ARRIVE!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW what beautiful pictures. Look like you had a great time.

Paris said...

It all sounds like a lot of fun and adventure!

Unknown said...

that had to be fun..wish there was a jungle outside the DePaul window so I could zip line to the train

heidibrusek said...

It was sooooo much fun! The zip lining was the best!

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is so awesome!! I think that's my favorite of your adventures to date!