March 27, 2009

Pai

Pai is a small remote town in the middle of nowhere - about 3 hours northeast of Chiang Mai. There are 762 curves through the mountains to get to Pai (no I didn't count...its like their trademark thing). Can we say winding road?? For a person who does not get motion sickness...lets just say thank goodness Lauren had some Dramamine! Pai is full of cheap bungalows, serene views, and hippies.
One day I rented a motorbike and set out for the hills. Yup, that's me on the bike!

The next day Jenn and I took a long walk around and out of town. Breathtaking sights.

After four days of relaxation and rest I figured it was time to start my 'out of Thailand' traveling. So I came back to Chiang Mai and today I am heading to Laos.

Oooh last night I looked out my guesthouse window to see a disturbing sight...a chicken killing farm. It was not a pretty sight...I saw the whole thing...alive chickens to defeathering. It was like a car crash, I didn't want to look but couldn't stop. I think I am going vegetarian for a while.

4 comments:

Eileen said...

Glad to see they made you wear a helmet on that bike. Vegetarian huh? Limiting your food choices even more. Could be interesting. Sounds like the adventure of a life time. Wish I was there.

JS&A said...

Vegetarian!!!! Nah you will forget about the scene soon enough. Looks like you are having a great time! Be safe and can't wait to hear about Laos!

Anonymous said...

I must have just missed you online this morning by minutes. Glad to hear everything is going so well. Have lots and lots of fun. Can not wait to hear about Laos. Love the pictures. Keep posting.

Love you

heidibrusek said...

Day two being a vegetarian...mmmm got to love tufu and veggies and rice and noodles and soup and well yup...we'll see how long this is going to last.