March 22, 2009

Offline...Summer Vacation

Here we go...the time has finally come...SUMMER VACATION and I am traveling Southeast Asia!!! Not like this entire time here in Thailand has not been one extended vacation or anything...

Right now I am in Chiang Mai (Northern Thailand)- I took a flight here at 6:30 this morning. I spent the day at a Thai cooking school learning to make some of my favorite dishes...Tom Yum Chicken Soup, Green Curry Soup, Pad Thai, Chicken with Cashews, Spring Rolls, Paypaya Salad, and Sticky Rice with Mangos. All delicious by the way....I am a very good cook!

Tomorrow I am heading to Pai, a small remote town northwest of Chiang Mai. It is known for its mountainous views and natural beauty. After relaxing and spending a few days there I am heading to Laos, Vietnam, and Cambodia.

I have an entire month to travel. I just have to be back in Bangkok by April 27th (as that is when I am flying to Bali). But I plan on returning a day or two early so I can rest...just enough time to do some laundry and sleep in my own bed. Then I am off to Bali, Indonesia (WOOT, first time south of the equator). From Bali, heading to Singapore then Malaysia and finally some of the southern Thailand beaches. I have to be back in Bangkok on May 19th for a meeting. School starts June 1st.

These travel plans are really all tentative... as nothing with the exception of the Bali trip has been planned. We have a skeleton outline and thats about the extent of it...I, along with 3 other girls are winging it...if we like a place we stay longer if we are not impressed we leave. Simple as that!

Oh my goodness, I can not believe this is my life. How did I get so lucky? I am living a dream. Someone pinch me!

I promise to check in once in a while but probably wont be able to do much emailing, chatting, skyping, blog updating until I get back.

Miss you all!

OOooh and chances are when I get back in May I will be moving to the other campus. Once that all goes through I will give you the new mailing address.

5 comments:

Eileen said...

We are inviting you over to cook us an authentic Thai meal when you return state side.

Eileen said...

And to think back in May of last year you were hesitating...

JS&A said...

When you finally are home I will be inviting you over to teach me how to cook =)
Have so much fun and please please be careful.
I can't wait to hear all about it.
Hugs.

Anonymous said...

The wok will be ready when you come back.

Chicago Girl does good said...

spring rolls...oh so good.